// Helping you protect and manage your assets.
A Trust is a way of managing your assets such as, money, investments, land or buildings and can be very tax efficient. Trusts can be set up for a number of reasons for example:
- To control and protect family assets
- When someone’s too young to handle their affairs
- When someone cannot handle their affairs because they’re incapacitated
- To pass on assets while you’re still alive
- To pass on assets when you die (a ‘will trust’)
Once your assets have been put in Trust, legally they can only be used according to rules you set out. So, creating the right type of Trust to match your particular situation requires specialist help and precise wording. You will also need to choose people to be your Trustees, who will be legal owners of the assets and manage them according to your wishes; you may wish to appoint one of our solicitors as your trustee. Our probate solicitors are experts in setting up a Trust and are able to provide specialist legal advice for both creating and/or managing your trust, so you can be happy in the knowledge the future it taken care of.
For further information on how to set up a trust contact one of our solicitors today.